Steven VanGrack represents people who have been injured or lost loved ones in a motor vehicle related accident. He has lectured to both attorneys and paralegals in this practice area.
Motor vehicle accidents can cause extreme physical pain and suffering, as well as financial devastation to victims of reckless and negligent drivers. Injured victims must deal with large and unforeseeable medical bills, lost wages, pain, suffering and loss of enjoyment of life. Family members also commonly suffer economic loss, mental anguish and loss of companionship in caring for an injured family member. Auto accidents resulting in debilitating injury can have severe consequences to a family’s finances, and can cause loss of jobs, homes, cars, and other assets.
In motor vehicle accidents causing death or permanent disability, families are subjected to the most severe mental and emotional anguish that exists. The loss of a close family member creates pain and loss that is immeasurable. Additional financial difficulty arises when the victim is the sole or primary wage earner for the family.
If you or your loved one has suffered a serious personal injury or wrongful death due to the negligence of another, you need a personal injury attorney who can help. If you are dealing with an insurance company that is treating you unfairly, call Steven VanGrack who will fight for your rights.
Steven VanGrack has helped hundreds of people injured in automobile accidents in Maryland, District of Columbia and Virginia. Many of his cases have even been covered by the media.
Steve VanGrack has not only had great success with large awards of damages in court proceedings but also incredible success with mediation. He has been able to avoid litigation with the use of mediators who have been able to extract large settlements from insurance companies.
Additionally, Steven VanGrack has great pride in the demand letters he presents to insurance companies to offer far and reasonable settlements without mediation or litigation.
- Young man was rear ended by a business vehicle which resulted in TMJ (Temporomandibular joint) dysfunction and myofascial pain syndrome. Jury trial result in award of $ 49,953.15.
- 17 year old driver was stuck in his vehicle which failed to yield the right of way and was speeding. Resulted in fractures of right femur, tibia and foot. Settled for $ 327,000.
- Wife and 2 children brought a civil action against the local government in Montgomery County for failure to properly maintain a public roadway and failure to place the correct signs to direct traffic. Another vehicle approached in the opposite direction which resulted in the death of the father. Limits on government liability led to settlement of $ 325,000.
- Woman was injured when a tractor-trailer on Interstate 270 moved into her lane of travel. Injury was nondisplaced cervical fracture of C-5. Settled just before trial for $ 130,000.
- Intoxicated driver caused an accident where injured party had anterior cervical discectomy at C 6-7 with fusion. Case resolved for $ 225,000.
- Truck driver was fatally injured on Capitol Beltway when he was struck by trash disposal dump truck in the shoulder. Mediation resulted in award of $ 909,000.
- Commercial delivery truck struck rear of vehicle on Capitol Beltway. Injury included torn ACL in left knee and torn rotator cuff in left shoulder. Resolved for $ 285,000.
- On Rock Creek Parkway driver of vehicle heading wrong direction on one way street during federal holiday caused fracture and dislocation of left hip and knee. Settled for $ 121,500.
- Young man sitting in passenger seat of disabled vehicle parked on a gravel area on the right shoulder. Was a member of a car service organization and had requested emergency road assistance 5 hours before he was struck by a vehicle which had veered off the roadway. $ 130,000.
- Driver of vehicle was pushed into oncoming traffic by another vehicle which resulted in fatality. Angle of impact pushed his car across the median where it collided with oncoming traffic. $ 490,000 settled with policy limits of $ 500,000.
- Pedestrian was crossing a major highway and violently struck by unmarked police car passing vehicles on the right shoulder. Multiple fractures and head injury. Limits on government liability led to settlement of $ 175,000.
- Pedestrian struck by pickup truck while walking across street in a marked crosswalk. Fractures of left femur, left fibula and left ulna at the wrist. $ 300,000.